Thank you for your interest in our program. Please note we only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), therefore all applicants must apply to the program through ERAS. Please do not submit applications via email or fax.
NRMP program code: 2147120C0
Program Name: South Georgia Medical Education and Research Consortium
The following requirements must be met by residency applicants applying to our program in order to be considered for an interview.
- Graduation date from medical school preferred within the past five years;
- US citizenship or permanent resident of the US – WE DO NOT SPONSOR OR ACCEPT ANY VISAS;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation written within the past year by U.S. physicians you have worked with clinically. Letters must be written on the physician’s letterhead;
- Personal Statement;
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE);
- Medical School Transcript;
- Competitive score on COMLEX or equivalent USMLE scores with no failures preferred. It will be at program’s discretion to grant an interview to an applicant that has pending results of COMLEX II, USLME Step 2, COMLEX PE, or USLME CE;
- Applicants must have current, substantial and credible hands-on US clinical experience. Observerships do not apply;
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable, is required prior to employment.
In Addition, Please Note the Following:
- Criminal background checks are performed on all potential employees. Employees cannot be employed unless this check is satisfactory;
- Drug/Tobacco screens are performed on all potential employees. Employees cannot be employed unless these screens are negative;
- All applicants must be able to meet the medical licensure requirements in the State of Georgia;
- Candidates must meet all federal standards as may be required by centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or other federal and state regulatory agencies. Applicants that are designated by CMS as “excluded providers” shall not be eligible to appointment as a resident.