Tax Credit Donation
Help improve health care in our community through Georgia’s new tax credit opportunity!
Colquitt Regional Medical Center is excited to be partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
Through this program, Georgia taxpayers can receive a state income TAX CREDIT for 90% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations such as Colquitt Regional Medical Center (up to the limits set forth below).
In addition, taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for their contributions.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a TAX CREDIT for contributing to Colquitt Regional Medical Center as follows:
- Married Filing Jointly – 90% of the amount contributed or $10,000, whichever is less
- Must contribute $11,111 to receive full $10,000 tax credit
- Individual Filer – 90% of the amount contributed or $5,000 per tax year, whichever is less
- Must contribute $5,556 to receive full $5,000 tax credit
- C-Corporation or Trust – 90% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2018 HEART Tax Credit Form at https://www.georgiaheart.org/my_georgia_heart/tax_contribution , or mail a completed copy of the form to Georgia HEART at 3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092.
a. Be sure your designated rural hospital organization is Colquitt Regional Medical Center.
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to COLQUITT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER to Georgia HEART for deposit into the hospital’s account.
- Georgia HEART and Colquitt Regional Medical Center will send you confirmation of your contribution and instruct you on how to submit a copy to the DOR.
- Georgia HEART will send you a tax receipt and file instructions for 2017 tax filing purposes.
Your 2018 contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide a brand new cancer treatment center, Edwards Cancer Center, and oncology services for individuals in our community!
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact our Foundation Director Nicole Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.