Tax Credit Donation
Help improve health care in our community through Georgia’s rural hospital expense tax credit opportunity!
Colquitt Regional is a proud partner with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital organization tax credit.
What is the Georgia HEART rural hospital organization (“RHO”) expense tax credit?
- The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers to receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
- Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns may be eligible to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions
- By replacing their federal itemized deduction for state and local income taxes paid, which is limited to $10,000, with a 100% deductible contribution to a rural hospital, taxpayers can realize significant tax savings
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
- If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Colquitt Regional from January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, as follows:
- Individual Filer – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $5,000
- Married Filing Jointly – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000
- Pass-Through Entity – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000, so long as they would have paid Georgia income tax in that amount on their share of taxable income from the pass-through entity
How do I sign up to contribute before June 30?
- Complete and submit your 2018 HEART Tax Credit Form at
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit form on your behalf to the GA Dept. of Revenue
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR’s tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to Colquitt Regional Medical Center to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account
- Georgia HEART will send you instructions on how to file your contribution confirmation with DOR
- You will claim the credit when you file your tax return
How much can I contribute for a tax credit after June 30 each year?
- After June 30 of each year, for so long as a portion of the $60 million annual cap on RHO tax credits is available, to offset their Georgia income tax liability, individual taxpayers may make unlimited contributions to RHOs for a corresponding 100% Georgia income tax credit.
- On or before May 15 of each year through June 30, individual taxpayers will be able to ‘make a HEART Appointment’ on the Georgia HEART website to authorize Georgia HEART to submit their post-June 30 tax credit pre-approval forms to the DOR.
Due to this program, we were able to finish construction on a brand new facility, the Edwards Cancer Center and provide oncology services to individuals in our community. In the future, your tax dollars will provide us with the resources to enhance our medical community with a much-needed education center. Also, your donation through this program allows us to purchase critical equipment and provide the very best services for our patients.
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact our Foundation Director Nicole Gilbert at email@example.com for details.