MOULTRIE, Ga. – After six years of service on the Colquitt County Hospital Authority, Richard E. Turner, Jr., began his term as chairman of the board on October 1.
Turner is a financial advisor at Edward Jones and has over 22 years of experience in the finance industry. He has been an active member of the board, previously serving as chair of the finance subcommittee.
“Richie has been an integral part of our Hospital Authority,” said Colquitt Regional President and CEO Jim Matney. “His passion for the healthcare industry and vast fiscal expertise has served our organization well, and I have no doubt that the hospital will continue to flourish under his leadership.”
Turner succeeded Maureen A. Yearta, Ed.D., who served as the first female chairman for the past two years. Yearta will continue to serve on the Hospital Authority for another nine-year term.
Other board leadership changes include John Griffin serving as new chair of the finance subcommittee.
New medical staff officers were also announced in the new fiscal year, including the following:
- Cheau Williams, MD, FACOG, chief of staff
- Andrew Cordista, MD, chief of staff elect
- Gary Swartzentruber, MD, chief of medicine
- Amber Holt, DO, chief of surgery
- Wit Kabange, MD, medicine member at large
- Frederick Powell, MD, surgery member at large
- Kent Posey, MD, medicine member at large
- Emerson Harrison, MD, surgery member at large