WHAT IS THE GASTRIC SLEEVE PROCEDURE?
The gastric sleeve procedure is minimally invasive and helps patients lose up to 3/4 of their excess weight. During the procedure, our surgeons remove a section of the stomach that produces the “hunger hormone” to reduce your appetite. This surgery also reduces your stomach size by 80%, so you feel full sooner and eat less. The surgery uses a single incision laparoscopic approach to reduce incision size and recovery time.
IS GASTRIC SLEEVE SURGERY RIGHT FOR YOU?
This procedure is recommended if you:
- Have been unable to lose weight with diet, exercise or medicine.
- Have a body max index (BMI) of 40 or higher, and have NO health problems related to being overweight.
- Have a BMI of 35 or higher AND a life-threatening or disabling condition related to your weigh, such as hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea, joint problems, gastric reflux, or respiratory conditions.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Understand that this procedure is a PART of a weight loss process, and you are prepared to make changes to your eating habits and life style.
Everyone’s circumstances are different and these guidelines are not set in stone. If you have questions, or believe that you close to meeting these requirements, please call us to discuss your personal situation in a private one-to-one consultation.
GASTRIC SLEEVE PROCEDURE BENEFITS
There are many significant benefits to the Gastric Sleeve procedure, including:
- Effectively in treating severe overweight and obese people.
- Minimally invasive.
- Up to 70% excess weight loss within 1 year.
Our Bariatric Surgeons, Dr. Howard Melton and Dr. Amber Holt, are experts in this procedure. They and their team will support you throughout every step of this process. With Gastric Sleeve, you can overcome obesity, and live a longer, healthier life.
We understand that evaluating weight-loss surgery options is daunting. Everyone has an opinion and there is a lot of misinformation on the internet. We would like to send you accurate information about the gastric sleeve procedure including how it works and what you can expect. We’d also like to share more about our bariatric team and the resources we provide to support your long-term weight-loss success.