With over 90 years of combined experience, our patients can expect the highest quality of surgical care. Our team of board-certified surgeons include Dr. Howard Melton, Dr. Amber Holt and Dr. William Stembridge.
General Surgical Procedures
General surgical procedures include but are not strictly limited to:
- Hernia Repairs
- Skin Lesion Removals
- Various Gastrointestinal Surgeries
- Breast Surgeries
- Lung Surgeries
- Biopsy of Tumors
- Removal of Benign Masses of Various Organs
- Gallbladder Surgeries
- Thyroid Surgeries
- PPH Hemorrhoidopexy
- Anal Fistulas
- Anal Fissures
- Resection of Lung Blebs Related to COPD
- Pacemaker Implantations
- Bypass for Blocked Arteries in Arms and Legs
- Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Vascular Access for Chemotherapy or Antibiotics
We now also offer Mamosite breast radiation treatment in conjunction with surrounding radiation oncology departments.
Many surgeries are done with the laparoscope to decrease the length of stay in the hospital, shorten the recovery time, reduce surgical pain, and get the patient back to normal activity more quickly. Laparoscopic procedures include but are not strictly limited to:
- Cholecystectomy: removal of gallbladder and gallstones
- Colectomy: removal of a portion of the colon with reconnection for benign or malignant disease
- Nissen Fundoplication: an anti-reflux procedure, designed to stop reflux and repair hiatal hernias
- Appendectomy: treatment of appendicitis
- Ventral Hernia Repair: repair of hernias of the abdominal wall as well as old incisional hernias
Endoscopy procedures include but are not strictly limited to:
- Upper Endoscopies
- Endoscopic Polyp Removals
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (Feeding Tube)
- Dilatation of Esophageal Strictures
- Hemorrhoidal Banding
- Surveillance of Inflammatory Diseases of the Bowel And Esophagus.
Our physicians are currently able to offer VNUS Closure™ Procedures. This procedure is minimally invasive and often leaves patients with less pain and bruising than traditional procedures such as vein stripping surgeries and laser treatments. With this system, our physicians can close the diseased veins by inserting a VNUS Closure™ catheter and heating the vein wall. By heating the vein wall, the surgeon can cause the collagen in the wall to shrink and the vein to ultimately close. Along with less post-operative pain, the VNUS Closure™ system is also considered a minimally invasive outpatient procedure. To learn more about this system, click here or call our office and speak with a nurse about an appointment.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Minimally invasive procedures include but are not strictly limited to:
- Gallbladder Removal
- Mammotome™ Breast Biopsy
- Anti-reflux Surgery
- Colon Resection for Diverticulitis, Cancer, or Peptic
- Ulcer Disease
- VNUS Closure for Varicose Veins
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Breast Cancer and
- Malignant Melanoma
We are also currently the only surgical group in South Georgia that offers a completely laparoscopic colon resection. This significantly decreases the postoperative pain, the length of hospital stay, and shortens the amount of time it takes to return to work.
Dr. Melton offers injections of Botox for the treatment of wrinkles caused by aging in the face, forehead, neck, and around the eyes. He also performs injections for hyperhidrosis, excessive underarm sweating, which is covered by most insurances.