The Sterling Physician Group is proud to include the Center for Urogynecology and Pelvic Surgery under its service umbrella. Urogynecology is a sub-specialty of obstetrics and gynecology that specifically focuses on pelvic floor disorders. These disorders often occur when women have weakened pelvic muscles and/or tears in the connective tissue of the pelvic organs. This can result in many painful or embarrassing conditions that significantly impact a woman’s quality of life. Fortunately, treatment is available and the head of our program, Dr. Cheau Williams, provides expert diagnosis and treatment of the common and unusual problems that can result from pelvic floor disorders.
Our Center for Urogynecology and Pelvic Surgery provides urology and pelvic disorder treatments for women in a serene and private environment. We follow best practice guidelines for all of our non-surgical and surgical treatment plans and use the cutting edge Da Vinci Surgical Robot for urogynecological surgical treatment when it is in the best interest of the patient.
Common Conditions We Treat
- Urinary incontinence: Loss of bladder control
- Overactive bladder: Frequent or sudden urges to urinate
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Interstitial cystitis and bladder pain syndromes: Discomfort related to the bladder and/or urethra
- Pelvic organ prolapse: Dropping of the pelvic organs (bladder, bowel, retum, uterus, vagina)
- Fecal incontinence/Accidental bowel leakage: Loss of bowel control
- Urogynecologic fistula: Abnormal hole between the bladder and the vagina (vesicovaginal), the urethra and the vagina(urethrovaginal), or the rectum and the vagina (rectovaginal)
- Dyspareunia: difficult or painful sexual intercourse
- Post-surgical complications
Too many women are embarrassed to discuss these issues with their doctor or simply dismiss them as normal given their age or the number of children they have delivered. The truth is very different. No one should have to accept these conditions as normal and help is available. Contact our Urogynecology Center to learn how we can help improve your life.