COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE
It is recommended that patients receive the same brand they received for their initial vaccination, with the third dose being administered as soon as 28 days following their second dose.
Any patient meeting the following criteria and needing a Pfizer booster may contact their primary care provider, or use one of the hospital drive-thru opportunities at Vereen Rehabilitation Center beginning Saturday, August 21st, from 10:00am-1:00pm. For Moderna patients, please call the COVID-19 hotline at 229-891-9380 and request an appointment.
Patients may receive a third dose (booster) of the COVID-19 vaccine if they:
- Are receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Have had an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress their immune system.
- Have had a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress their immune system.
- Have moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
- Have advanced or untreated HIV infection.
- Have active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress their immune response.
- Have another medical condition that causes their immune system to be moderately to severely compromised and for which their treating physician recommends they receive a third dose (booster) of the COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 WEEKLY UPDATE
UPDATED: September 13, 2021 4:15 pm